Care for your leather product is relatively easy HOWEVER, there are a few simple guidelines that we recommend you to follow.
- Store your bag in the dust bag provided in a cool, dry place.
- If storing for long periods, fill your product with stuffing to help keep it in shape and prevent wrinkles and cracks.
- Keep your bag out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time, as this causes leather to crack and dry out.
- Your bag should not be kept in the rain for long periods of time
- If your bag becomes wet, dab with paper towel or a soft cloth to remove any excess moisture and then leave to dry naturally. Do not dry with a direct heat source e.g. hair dryer.
- Avoid contact with grease, perfumes, cosmetics and other oil based products.
- Ink marks, grease and oil stains are usually not removable and should be left alone.
- Fresh stains should be cleaned up immediately
- If you need to clean your bag, simply wipe it using lukewarm water. Never use household cleaners or products containing alcohol. We recommend to apply a leather conditioner after to replace the tanning oils that are depleted over time through wear, heat, and moisture. Natural waxes, like bees wax are often the best way to condition the hide. Please follow the leather conditioner label.
Never forget, leather is a skin, and should be cared for as you would your own.
If you have any concerns about care for your product please email firstname.lastname@example.org